Tweet-In May 12th, 2016 at 8pm EST
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 8pm EST, we are asking our diabetes community (And those who care about people with diabetes!) to band together and send a message to Congress and others that restricting access to diabetes medications, devices, and supplies harms people.
Diabetes is self-managed and everyone’s management is individualized. Patients and their healthcare teams should define the best path for living well with diabetes. Government bureaucrats and insurance company cost accountants should not veto doctors’ orders.
These efforts do not always save even money. The Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) attempt to save money on diabetes testing supplies has actually done the opposite – money is being wasted on increased hospital stays. Not just losing money, but people with diabetes on Medicare in the US are losing their lives through this program. Send a tweet to help save a life.
To learn more about the CMS Competitive Bidding Program and why it needs to be immediately suspended, click here. We have a campaign called #suspendbidding and we want to get Congress to care.
A single tweet can save a life.
Imagine what 10,000 tweets can do.
Thursday, May 12th DPAC Tweet-In
#Vote4Diabetes #SuspendBidding #DiabetesAccessMatters
Starting on May 12, 2016 at 8pm EST, we ask you to pick up your Twitter account and swing into action, hitting each of your representatives in Congress with twitter messages about diabetes. Here’s the step-by-step simple actions you’ll take.
- Click here to open the DPAC Scorecard.
- Scroll down to your state. You’ll find your Senators’ and your Representative’s names listed on the left side. (Don’t know who your representative is? No problem. Click here.)
- Click on those representatives’ names. A pre-populated message will tell your Congressional representatives via your Twitter account that they need to #suspendbidding immediately and a link for more info. (It will also tell them how many people in their district have diabetes… a gentle reminder that there are a lot of us.)
- Click that TWEET button. It will send a tweet from your account.
- Easy, right? Do it two more times for a total of three messages (two to your Senators and one to your House Representative). You’re done for the #suspendbidding. High Five!
- Then click the links on the scorecard for other diabetes issues and send MORE messages to Congress about diabetes policy issues.
- • Just don’t click and send rapid-fire. You could end up in Twitter Jail. This is a real thing and it has happened to some of our diabetes advocates in previous Tweet-Ins! If you send over 100 tweets in an hour, you’ll be prevented from sending any more.
- There are also access issues in the news with a large insurance company restricting access of durable medical equipment based on cost savings.
You can click on this to send a message:Docs & patients should choose best treatments. Not @myUHC. #DiabetesAccessMatters #Vote4Diabetes Click To Tweet
In fact, you can click on this right now. You don’t even need to wait for the 12th. Go ahead. We’ll wait.
Wait! You Can Do More!
You can also send these messages, too.
Simply click these on May 12th, 2016 at 8pm.
(And you can click these anytime after the Tweet-In, too.).@CMSGov program ⇧ costs & deaths. #FAIL Learn more. http://bit.ly/1SLLhBH #SuspendBidding… Click To Tweet .@CMSGov restricting access at the cost of lives. #SuspendBidding #Vote4Diabetes… Click To Tweet Hey @askUHC You think you know better than my doc what is best for me? #MyPumpMyChoice… Click To Tweet ➕ deaths? ➕ money? ➖ access? @CMSGov #suspendbidding #Vote4Diabetes: http://bit.ly/1SLLhBH Click To Tweet
Tell your friends about the DPAC Tweet-In (click below to share!) and mark your calendars.
On Thursday, May 12th at 8pm, your tweets will save lives.Join me on Thursday, May 12th at 8pm EST. DPAC Tweet-In. Help save lives of people with #diabetes. Click To Tweet
Don’t forget to follow @DiabetesPAC on Twitter for more information about the DPAC Tweet-In and the latest updates.